Online Roulette Casino Games in Ireland
Roulette online is one of the most popular games in casinos. No matter the casino’s location or the online platform you are on, you would find a handful of exciting Roulette games you can enjoy. Thanks to modern technology, you can now enjoy Roulette games with better graphics and immense gameplay. You can even enjoy live games as if you are in a real best online casino Ireland. This and much more is discussed below. Have a look!
Choosing the Best Online Roulette Sites
There are variations in the quality and nature of services offered on online Roulette sites. This now breeds the dilemma of picking the perfect one for you. Sites give some information about the gameplay and the experience they offer. However, you should use a reliable method that leaves no stone unturned. When weighing your options, here are some factors you should consider.
- Payment methods: this involves both withdrawals and minimum deposits casinos online. An essential part of gambling is getting your wins, and casinos that do not offer good payment methods should not be considered. Good casinos usually offer a handful of methods in this scenario. However, the number of payment methods in these casinos should also come with security and reliability.
- Licence and security: casinos, both online and physical, need licencing to function. Confirm that whatever site you are going for has legal permission to operate in Ireland. Common licenses to look out for are the MGA and UKGC. These licensing bodies properly assess online casinos to ensure that they are safe and secure.
- Gaming options: the number of games you find on an online casino determines the quality of the casino. The top casinos usually offer many games to their players. Many even have partnerships with leading software providers. Casinos with games from these providers are your best bet.
- Bonuses: online casinos provide new and old players with several bonuses. These online casino bonuses depend on the games you play, the amount you deposit, the method of deposit and the time you have spent at the casino. Make sure to keep an eye out for these bonuses when making your choice. A little research on these sites would make the decision a lot smoother.
How to Play Online Roulette
Online Roulette is no different from the physical casino game. Hence the basic concept of the game still stands. All you have to do is to guess the final position of the ball, and you win. The game starts with the table croupier or software program rotating the wheel. This depends on whether it is a live Roulette or video Roulette game. Once the wheel is in full motion, the ball follows to spin with the table. You are to place bets on the possible final position of the ball while the table is spinning. You only win when the ball comes to rest on the table slot you predicted. These online slots games have numbers and colours for reference.
The online game consists of several variations of the physical game. Hence, you have to pick what type of online Roulette you want to play. The boards mostly have 37 – 38 numbers on them, and these numbers are placed in either the red or black slots. You can place multiple bets on a single round, and you can play with multiple players at the same time.
There are different types of bets you can place on a Roulette game. The common ones are the inside and outside bets. Inside bets have lower winning odds but offer higher payouts. They focus on specific numbers or colours on the table. Outside bets, on the other hand, have higher winning odds but lower payouts. This bet focuses on the properties of these numbers. The properties include odd or even, black or red or high or low.
Online Roulette Variations
The game of Roulette originated in France in the 1700s. Over the years, different variations of the game came up around the world. These variations affect the bets you place and your odds of winning. They even come with unique table designs as well. However, they share some properties like an equal amount of black and red numbers and the same payouts for single number bets. Check out some of the different variations of online Roulette you can choose from.
- European Roulette: similar to French Roulette, the European Roulette is the widely used version of the game. It is popular amongst players because they stand higher chances of winning thanks to the low house edge of 2.6%. It has a single zero on the table, unlike the American Roulette. There are a total of 37 numbers ranging from 0 to 36, and the numbers are not in a specific pattern around the wheel. The odd numbers between 1 to 9 and 19 to 27 are red on the board, while the even black numbers are between 10 to 18 and 28 to 36. The number zero is the unique number, and it is painted green.
- American Roulette: It is the third most popular version of the game developed in the United States. It has gained a lot of traction since its inception, but it is not the best option for new casino players. This is simply because of its high house edge of 5.2%, unlike its European counterparts. Even the gameplay is quite different. It includes a double zero and a total of 38 numbers. However, the arrangement of numbers here is more structured than the European one. Opposite numbers are consecutive, and both zeroes are opposite. It also has the same amount of red and black numbers. Due to some other factors, including the high house advantage, American Roulette is not a popular option amongst beginner gamers.
- French Roulette: The French Roulette is quite similar to the European version of the game. It has the same set of outside bets as the European, but their arrangements are slightly different on the board. The odds of the French Roulette are better for players due to a couple of rules. For instance, “la partage” is a feature that lets you get about 50% of your wager back. It applies when you lose your bet after landing on a zero. The house advantage in French Roulette is 1.35%. It is the lowest house edge in contemporary Roulette games.
- Russian Roulette: Russian Roulette, also called ‘ruletka’ (meaning Roulette in Russian), is an adaptation of the European Roulette. It is a live dealer online Roulette game that comes with the same rules as European Roulette.
- 3D Roulette by PlayTech: It is a unique 3D Roulette system developed by PlayTech. It is a virtual Roulette based on European Roulette and designed to mimic the real-life experience of casino Roulettes. It contains animation effects and sounds that are similar to land-based casinos. It has excellent gameplay, and its user interface makes it easier to navigate around. Thanks to the software providers, you can customise the wheel and board to your desired taste.
Free Roulette vs Real Money Roulette
Real money Roulettes require actual money. You have to pay some amount of money as your wager before you can enter the game. Your winnings are also real money online casino that you can withdraw to your bank account. Free Roulette is entirely different. You play the game for free and stake virtual money. Your winnings are also virtual, so you can only use them to play the game. Here are a few more ways in which free Roulette differs from real money Roulette.
|Free Roulette||Real Money Roulette|
|You don’t need money to play the game.||The gameplay requires real money.|
|It only provides the users with the experience of the game.||Apart from the gaming experience, players receive real money from their wins.|
|Losses in the game would not affect you.||There is a possibility you lose money while gambling.|
Live Roulette Online
While playing live Roulette online, a live dealer is in charge of the game. The gameplay is similar to playing at a real casino, but you play it right from the comfort of your home. The croupier dictates the speed of the wheel, and a set timer stops the bets. The dealer spins the wheel while players place their bets. If you are lucky, you might even get to chat with other players at the table. Here are some of the benefits of playing a live Roulette game.
- The game is broadcasted live to you regardless of where you are. All you need is a device and an active internet connection.
- There is an option for players to chat with each other during the game. This brings more life to the game as players can interact with each other as they would in an offline casino.
- It recreates the gaming atmosphere of offline casinos, providing players with the best gaming experiences.
- The game is not run by computer software. It involves the use of a physical wheel, a ball and a dealer. This makes it seem less of a video game and more of a real gambling game.
- The sites usually provide their gamers bonuses in the form of money or free spins. This is a plus because physical casinos do not give such bonuses.
Roulette House Edge and RTP
House edge is the percentage of your wager that the casino keeps as profit. It is calculated in percentages of the wagers that you make. For example, a house edge of 2% simply means that the casino gets to keep €2 for every €200 that you wager with. RTP, on the other hand, means percentage return to players. It is also represented in percentages and is the other half of the house edge. This means that the RTP will be 98% based on the example above. All Roulette games come with a house edge and a return to player percentage. This depends on the casino, and it determines whether a casino is worth playing on. The house advantage is an essential factor that gamblers consider when they choose what Roulette to play. Due to the high house edge of the American Roulette, it is not as widely accepted as the other variations by beginners. The French Roulette has the least house advantage making it a perfect option for new players. However, a very low house edge would put casinos at a disadvantage.
Advantages of Online Roulette
There are several benefits of playing Roulette games in online casinos. One, for instance, is the possibility of winning real money. If you are lucky, you can win life-changing amounts. However, you have to play with real money before you can win real money. Take a look at the other advantages of playing online Roulettes.
- Online Roulette is more convenient than physical Roulettes. You don’t have to go down to a real casino when you can have a similar casino experience from your home.
- They are open for access all through the day. There is no restriction in time for your pleasure.
- There are bonuses in online Roulette games that you can never get on land-based casino gambling.
- You can gain some experience with free games. These free games are simulations of the game with virtual money. Your losses in these simulations would not count, and you can use these simulations to practice strategies you would use in a real game.
- Most casinos offer only one type of Roulette, usually the European variant. However, online casinos offer more variations of the game. Hence, you get more options for fun.
- You don’t have to exchange your money for chips and vice versa. The payout is easier and faster. All you need is to add a payment method of your choice to the online casino.
- Online Roulettes provide enough time for you to place your bets. You can even pause the game whenever you please. On land-based casinos, you have to make your moves on time.
Online casinos provide bonuses to their customers. These bonuses may come in the form of money or discounts on deals or free spins. Sites offer these bonuses as a means to make players try out games for free and eventually choose their site. Bonuses can also help to cover losses and to increase the player’s chances of winning. Here are some common types of bonuses sites offer to their players.
|Welcome Bonus||Some sites offer this type of bonus to new players after they sign up. The bonus provides players with real money or free games to make wagers. With real money welcome bonuses, players can withdraw their winnings directly to their bank account. Just make sure to follow the terms and conditions to avoid losing your bonus or winning.|
|Payment Method Deal||This bonus is a deal offered on payment methods. It may be in the form of a percentage or a fixed amount of money given after using a particular payment service. It serves as an encouragement for players to choose a particular form of payment.|
|Cashback Bonus||Cashback bonuses are bonuses given to players after getting a loss. The casino returns a certain percentage of the amount lost to cushion the effect of the loss on the gamers casino account. It can also be a fixed amount, but this depends on the casino offering the bonus.|
|Bonus Spins||Bonus spins are free or extra spins given to players of casino slots. They usually do not require any deposit, and players can withdraw their winnings from the spin. Bonus spins provide players with opportunities to win more without risking losses.|
|No Deposit Bonus||The casino no deposit bonus is given to members or new gamers on a site. It does not require a deposit from the player, but it comes with some wagering requirements. It is a real money bonus, and you can gamble with it to make more money.|
|Deposit Match||This type of bonus matches your deposits to a certain percentage. The percentage matched depends on the casino offering the bonus. However, it comes with a cap to limit abuse. All you have to do is to keep an eye on the terms and conditions it comes with.|
Is Online Roulette Legal in Ireland?
Throughout the 20th century, the Irish government passed several laws aimed at controlling gambling and keeping up to date with new trends that tend to bend the law. The 1956 Gaming and Lotteries Act law prohibited operating land-based casino houses and other forms of physical betting in the country. However, the law allowed the operation of private non-commercial casinos like club casinos. Since then, several casinos have exploited this loophole in Ireland. Casinos operated as clubs that only offered the option of gambling to members, although membership was free and available to anyone.
Throughout the last decade, the Irish government aimed at making laws that would better regulate gambling in Ireland. These laws would legalise the operation of land-based commercial casinos and other forms of betting. There would be age restrictions to gambling, and only certified houses would be allowed to operate. The Irish government also decided that the certification requirements for online and land-based casinos would also be upgraded. As of 2015, the Amendment Act was signed. The act prohibits operators from functioning without acquiring reputable licenses first.
Today, Irish law permits online gambling. Betting on sports, playing online casino games and other online gambling acts are legal in Ireland. All you have to do is ensure that the Irish government has legalised the online casino you want to gamble at. Other licenses that are recognised include the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC). The law in Ireland allows both native and non-Irish based houses to apply for legalisation, so a wide range of online casinos is available for Irish gamblers.
Payment Methods Available at Online Roulette Sites
Following the trends in commercial transactions today, casinos have evolved to cater to gamers’ different modes of payment. A wide range of payment methods is one of the pluses of online casinos. These various methods exist to ease deposits and withdrawals for the players. You get to pick the payment method you are most suited to and withdraw your winnings with ease. However, these methods are also to offer players some security and credibility on the part of the casino. For instance, a casino affiliated with PayPal would be deemed more reliable than one without any notable payment provider. Some of the available methods of payment in casinos may include:
- Crypto currencies: Cryptocurrencies, especially Bitcoin, have become widely accepted as a legal exchange, even in casinos.
- Credit cards: Most online purchases are made with credit cards today. It is a widely accepted method of payment. Providers like MasterCard and Visa are the most popular and acceptable ones on almost all casino sites.
- E-wallets: Electronic wallets such as PayPal and ecoPayz can also be used to fund your gaming account.
- Bank Transfers: Some casinos allow gamblers to transfer funds from their bank accounts to their gaming wallets.
Top Online Roulette Software Providers in Ireland
Online betting is one of the major forms of gambling available in Ireland. Online casinos and other betting operators became more prominent in the last decade. This made online Roulettes more popular as well. Casinos in Ireland offer various forms of Roulettes on their online platforms. The quality of the Roulette software depends on the quality of the software provider. The best online Roulette software providers are generally the biggest names in the industry. When ranking these software providers, we consider the certain qualities in the software they provide. These qualities include the friendliness of the user interface, the quality of graphics, and how much of the usual gaming experience the software offers.
|PlayTech||This company was established in 1999 and has done well to withstand the test of time in the casino industry. It is one of the biggest online casino software providers with game offerings on almost every major online casino available. The game offerings in their catalogue include top slots and table games. They are even regarded as the biggest supplier of software for online gaming and betting. It is no surprise that they have many Roulette offerings in their catalogue. Some names you should check out are the 3D Roulette, Pinball Roulette, Mini Roulette, and 1,000 Diamond Bet Roulette.|
|Microgaming||This is one of the oldest providers in the industry, and they have provided software to several casinos for a very long time. The company is based in the Isle of Man, but their services are used all over the world. They have a handful of popular names in their catalogue and the Mega Moolah comes to mind instantly. In the world of Roulette, they are not lacking behind either. They have some popular games that are filled with exciting features. You would find them in several top casinos in the industry. Some of the Roulette games you should look out for in their catalogue include the Multi Wheel Roulette and Premier Roulette.|
|IGT||This is one of the top software providers in the industry. They have been in the industry for decades and have always lived up to their reputation. They have several games in their catalogue that would blow your mind. You would find names like Cleopatra slot, Davinci Diamonds Slot, and the Golden Goddess slot among their slot offerings. There are other several award-winning games in their vast catalogue, including table games like Roulettes. These games are available on IGT sites or online casinos that use their games.|
|NetEnt||Any casino player that has not heard about NetEnt should have a deep rethink of their casino gaming choices. NetEnt is arguably one of the biggest software providers in the industry. You should expect nothing less than quality from this industry leader. The company is based in Sweden, but has spread its tentacles to casinos all over the world. NetEnt boasts of providing top quality games for the best casinos in the industry. It is why Starburst has become one of the biggest and most popular games on online casinos. Some of the Roulette games you should check for are Roulette Pro and Advanced Roulette.|
|Evolution Gaming||This is a multinational gaming company that has provided games for top casinos for a very long time. It offers top-notch services with software that rank as one of the best in the world. One thing that makes players rank them as exceptional is their exceptional live game offerings. These game offerings come with some interesting features, especially their Roulette games. If you want to spice up your gaming, you should check out their Double Ball Roulette, Live Lightning Roulette, and First Person Roulette.|
Online Roulette is a pleasurable experience for gamblers. It mixes the gaming experience with comfort and accessibility. This is not to say that land-based Roulette games are inferior to their online counterparts. But, the presence of technological advancements has done well to make online Roulette gaming more immersive than one might imagine. Some casinos even offer you features like the live Roulettes and let you communicate with the other players at the table.
If you are a fan of bonuses, online Roulette is the best option for you. The bonuses are like no other, and you cannot get them at land-based casinos. Land-based casinos do not offer player bonuses at all. Some online casinos even allow players to customise the Roulette games to their desired taste. All in all, online Roulette games are an excellent way for Irish players to have a nice time in online casinos.